Please login, or register, if you'd like to make use of the Ravens of War website. If you'd never like to see this pop-up again, then click "Do not display again".
Please login, or register, if you'd like to make use of the Ravens of War website. If you'd never like to see this pop-up again, then click "Do not display again".
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Sorceress' Tale Home210HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Sorceress' Tale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Torana

A Sorceress' Tale Empty
PostSubject: A Sorceress' Tale   A Sorceress' Tale EmptyOctober 27th 2016, 11:55 pm

(This is a character history/journal type story thread and is OOC knowledge unless revealed by the character to your character ICly or your character was involved in it. This is from the character's point of view of RPed events in her life. I hoped I wouldn't have to add this to any of these...but I have had issues with people using OOC gained information ICly. This is why this has been added.

Characters are owned by the players and they are intellectual property of their players. They have been copyrighted. Do not use without permission.)
Back to top Go down
Torana

A Sorceress' Tale Empty
PostSubject: Overview   A Sorceress' Tale EmptyOctober 28th 2016, 1:04 pm

CHARACTER OVERVIEW

Preface:
This is the tale of a woman lost in the world trying to find out who she is as well as where she fits in the world.

Name: Mina Kolar

Place of Birth: Heidel, Serendia Dominion, Calpheon.

Birth Constellation: Black Dragon
A Sorceress' Tale BDO%20Black%20Dragon

Parents: Mikhil and Aeryn Kolar

Current Place of Residence:
Heidel, Serendia Dominion, Calpheon.

Ethnic / Social Background:
Lower Nobility of Serendia

Political views/leanings:
She has no political leanings at this time.

What does she care about most in the world:
She’s unsure what she cares about presently.

Known Interests/Talents/Hobbies:
She relearning what these are.

Guild: Ravens Of War

Physical appearance:

Height: 5’7” (1.70m)
              Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
              Hair: Long Blonde curly
              Eyes: Sapphire blue, medium depth set

Voluptuous build with well-toned muscles.  She moves gracefully, while at the same time seeming to be a stranger in her own body.  She appears to be between twenty and twenty-five in age.  However, at times, she seems both older and younger, making her true age a bit of a question.  Her eyes seems accusing though she doesn’t mean for them to be.  She tries to take in everything around her with them.  She speaks firmly with a medium to soft volume with careful thought and consideration.  She doesn’t know what light markings on her face mean or where she got them.  They are ornate from the forehead down symmetrical around both eyes and down to the lower part of her high cheek bones.  She has very few visible scars on her body.

Health/disabilities/handicaps:
Excellent health, high strength and stamina. No known disabilities.  Long term memory is missing.  She does seem to have some short term memory, but nothing past a few months ago.

A Sorceress' Tale 2016%2010%2012%20Mina%20Kolar

Personality Type:
Still discovering about herself, her personality seems to shift drastically at times.  She almost seems to have no real direction.  Her talent with magic and sorcery seems to be growing beyond her current ability to control it.  Sometimes it seems the magic controls her not the other way around.  At times, she can seem open and trusting while other times she is closed off and suspicious.  These extreme changes make her difficult to get to know and to understand, but she offers little explanation as to why.

Possessions:
Mina has very little she considers hers.  The items she probably has the most possessiveness about are her amulet and talisman, which she is rarely seen without.  She has a place of her own with a few furnishings.  She is a bit unsure about ownership of material possessions most of the time.  As she gets to know more of her own mind, this may change in some way.

Education:
While she can not speak to what kind of education or training she has had, she has obviously been well educated and trained by someone in the not so distant past.  Her returning abilities include reading and writing as well as the skills of a noble woman of breeding.  However the inclusion of such things as reading and writing as well as some other “male” skills, may be one of the reasons she was originally injured.

Last edited by Torana on May 7th 2017, 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Torana

A Sorceress' Tale Empty
PostSubject: A Sorceress' Tale   A Sorceress' Tale EmptyNovember 6th 2016, 12:55 pm

*Written in elegant Heidelan script in a book on the desk upstairs in the rooms she occupies in Heidel away from her family*

Quote :
My eyes opened as my body regained consciousness.  The brightness of the light hurts them, but I try to keep them open to see around me.  I felt grass and dirt on my face as I realized I was laying in the grass and rocks.  I was not sure how I knew this or how my thoughts contained the information going through my mind.  “What happen?”  I pushed myself up and my body complained.  I hurt everywhere.  My whole body felt like someone had beaten my whole body repeatedly.  Again the thought, “What happen?”

Problem was how did I ask that question?  How were my thoughts even forming?  I struggled to sit up.  Finally sitting, I looked down at my body.  My dress was covered in muck and blood.  There were cuts on my arms and other cuts which hit my body through the dress in many places.  The dress was made of fine material and had a very elegant construction.

How did I know that?  I still couldn’t figure out how my thoughts were forming.  Nor did I know if they were supposed to.  I shook my head causing immediate dizziness and regret in the action.  I blinked as it didn’t clear and only became worse with the dizziness.

Suddenly there was this thing...I don’t know how else to describe it.  It was just there.  It was black with a dark smoke or fog around it.  It floated around my head making this noise.  It took me several minutes to figure out the noise was speech and words.  The words took even longer to register.  Words.  My mind started working out to find the meaning of.  It occurred to me this was strange “How do I know what it is saying?”  

Then I realized, these were thoughts.  Thoughts were why my mind was feeling strange.  They were also the reason I was understanding things.  Why were these thoughts strange?  I didn’t know.  

The black, void like creature continued to speak to me.  It urged me to get up off the ground.  It led me to a building while urging me to say nothing of its existence to anyone.  I entered the building.  Two women ran to me and started talking quickly.  I couldn’t understand them.  They moved me up into rooms at the top of a flight of stairs.  I was stripped and bathed before I was laid in a bed.  The covers were pulled over me.  Several minutes after their activity left me on the bed, a man came in the room.

The man started checking me physically for the injuries.  He bandaged my wounds after cleaning them and putting some kind of salve over them.  He left after giving orders to one of the women about my care.  She came and made sure I was tucked securely in the bed and left the room.  I looked around the room a moment from the bed before I drifted off to sleep.

It was several days before I could actually respond back to them when they spoke to me.  I was lost in my mind they kept saying.  I didn’t understand what they meant by that, but they kept saying it.  I’m not sure how many days of them tending to even the simplest and smallest of needs there were.  I couldn’t tell how to count them even.

Eventually, I relearned how to move myself around and make my arms and legs move more reliably.  It took a while longer, but I relearned how to feed and dress myself.  Since my muscles knew what my brain didn’t, it was easier to relearn; or so I was told.  The relearning came faster as my body healed. I was functioning on my own after what I was told was a month.

It is at the beginning of the first month that I can do things on my own.  I’m starting this record in a way to remind myself of what happen...in case it happens again.  It is also a way for me to record the progress I make to finding myself again.  I’m not sure how I shall do this, but I know I have to find a way.  I hope to keep this private and unseen by others.  This record is for me - no one else.

I also need to find out what happen to me.  No one seems to know.  I seemed to have been attacked by someone or some group of people who had some reason to attack me.  I’m not even sure what those would be.  I need to find out to prevent it from happening again.  That search will be recorded here as well.

What I do know is someone injured me enough that I lost all memory of what and who I am...was.  I can’t say I still am the person I was before completely, because I don’t know who that person was or whom I am yet.

The void like creature, which apparently I am the only one who can see when it appears, visits to check on my recovery.  It wants more from me, but I’m not sure what as of yet. I am sure it will make me aware of its demands when it thinks I can provide what it wants.  I’ve told no one of seeing and hearing it.  I’m afraid of what their reaction would be if I said something.

I heard one of my maids talking when they thought I was asleep.  It seems there have been others who have been attacked like I have.  Others who speak of a “Black Spirit” talking to them and telling them things - claiming to have taken their memories in some cases.  I don’t know if this creature is this “Black Spirit” they spoke of, but if it is I worry about what it may want of me.  The maids were actually happy I wasn’t speaking of it, claiming to be seeing it or other things.  I fear they may think I am mad if I say anything.

I learned my name is Mina Kolar.  I am the daughter of Lord Mikhil and Lady Aeryn Kolar, both of which are deceased.  I have three older brothers and two younger brothers.  I’ve not seen my siblings since the incident.  I was told my eldest brother, the current Lord Kolar has been kept up-to-date on my situation and condition.  I’ve been told I hold the title of Lady.  Frankly, I’m not comfortable with that.  Those around me keep calling me “Lady Mina.”  I’m actually becoming sick of it.

I’ve not been told my brothers’ names.  I was told they exist.  I was told they are all adults, as am I.  I was being kept from them with the hope I would remember them on my own before they are allowed to see me - or more I am allowed to see them.  I heard whispers of them checking on me when I was sleeping.  Their way of seeing me without me seeing them.

My family are landed nobility in a place called Heidel, which is in the Serendia Dominion of a place called Calpheon.  I presume Calpheon is a nation.  From what I understand, Heidel was not always under Calpheon rule.  The house I am in currently is owned by my family on our land just outside the city’s borders as part of the guarding provinces around Heidel.  While my family has money and land, I am to understand most of the higher nobility have been stripped of both.  Since we are lower nobility, we somehow kept both.  I’m told precious little more about myself or my family.  I know the hope is I will remember on my own, but it has me frustrated and irritated at the same time with myself and those around me.

I’m not sure what has happened to cause this and no one will tell me any theories.  I receive a small stipend to live on each lunar cycle, but it is hardly enough to provide for needs if so many of mine weren’t taken care of by the household staff already.  However, it could be enough for someone to rob for it.  Perhaps that is what happen to me.  

I hate not knowing what is going on around me.  I hate being treated like something or someone who needs to be hidden or protected.  I’m not sure why but it makes me feel like less of a person.  This is my explanation of why I’m hiding this record to keep it private until I can be sure no one can see it or find it.  It is also why some entries may be rushed or incomplete.  I will only write in it when I know I will not be interrupted.

Last edited by Torana on November 6th 2016, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title correction)
Back to top Go down
Torana

A Sorceress' Tale Empty
PostSubject: A Sorceress' Tale   A Sorceress' Tale EmptyNovember 30th 2016, 11:47 pm

Quote :
It’s been several weeks since I last wrote.  I’ve met my eldest brother, Lord Erik.  He is the family head.  He has informed me since I seem to have recovered all but my previous memory he wants me to start preparing myself for social outings.  It is his decision - a decision I have to obey apparently.

When I asked what he intended, he informed me he will be looking for a suitable match for me.  I was not happy hearing this.  I do not like the idea of being married off to some noble I’ve nothing in common with or no interest in.  When I made this argument, he chastised me.  This is why he wants me on the social circuit.  He wanted me to get to know those he intended to be talking to.  These were nobles who needed the dowry my hand would bring to them, some of them are from Calpheon.

Our house is landed but lower Heidel nobility. We keep most of the money we had before the war when the Calpheon victory over Heidel cost most of the higher nobility their money.  I would much rather not have a Calpheon as a husband.  The little I know of them makes me sick to my stomach.  They have taken over my home by force.  I don’t want one of them in my bed.  I don’t know much of the Heidel nobility which is left, but I’m not sure I want know any of them.  Something tells me I didn’t want to be married to them in the past or he would be telling me about my intended.

I asked him to tell me about my life before the incident which robbed me of my memory.  He would tell me nothing.  Just like everyone else around me.  They are all willing to push me in the direction they want me to go, but they are unwilling to tell me anything about my past self.  I got the same reaction when I asked my maid about the markings on my face.

I told Erik I was not willing to do as he asked.  I was not willing to parade myself for political status for our family.  He was cross with me and yelled at me.  He said something which I cannot forget.  Something which made me wonder about the incident.  He said “I would think the complete loss of your memory would have taken your stubbornness out of you.”

What could he had meant?  I have to find out.
Back to top Go down
Torana

A Sorceress' Tale Empty
PostSubject: A Sorceress' Tale   A Sorceress' Tale EmptyFebruary 19th 2017, 9:28 pm

Mina walked to her desk shaking her head as she read the missive.  

Quote :
Dearest Mina,

I know our last conversation got out of hand.  I am sorry for that.  I forget you have no memory of our parents and their wishes for all of us.  I have to hope you know we have your best interests in mind.  We do not wish for you to make a poor match.  I will not allow you to.  You don’t know what kind of men are out there who would take advantage of you and your position, especially now.

You have to know we know what is best for you.  Please Mina, come home.  We can’t protect you in that hovel the way we can here.  We can work with you to find a suitable mate you will approve of.  I promise, we will work with you.  We need you home to do so.

Your Worried Brother,
Erik

She put the letter down on the desk before continuing to the fireplace.  Opening her hands to the wood, she thought about them flaming with fire.  A moment later, the wood flamed up from her spell.  She glanced to the missive then back to the flames.  It took little time for her to get lost in her thoughts as she stared at the flames.

A Sorceress' Tale 650df0a259841ae3471b490e5d445d32
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Sorceress' Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorceress' Tale   A Sorceress' Tale Empty

Back to top Go down

A Sorceress' Tale
Page 1 of 1